Bethesda Attorneys Going Beyond Maryland’s Child Support Formula
There exists a child support formula and calculator that is used in Maryland. This formula is a guideline that those within the family court system use to determine the amount of child support a non-custodial parent may need to pay to the custodial parent. Disputes arise when there are disagreements over the financial numbers that are being plugged into the formula.
It is a guideline only. For those with incomes above a certain amount, other child support arrangements can also be made.
At The McKeon Law Firm, we have experience working with both the custodial and the non-custodial parent to develop child support agreements. Based in Gaithersburg and Bethesda, our attorneys have experience reaching agreements, among other situations, in the following types of situations:
- Child support agreements for situations in which a non-working custodial spouse is able to work.
- Child support agreements for non-W2 earners and self-employed individuals with irregular income streams.
- Child support agreements which cover college tuition, medical expenses, extra-curricular activities and other issues.
- Child support modifications which are needed due to job changes, loss of income, relocations, or new financial burdens.
Experience ∙ Diligence ∙ Accuracy
Our attorneys have experience dealing with a wide range of child support disputes. We are comfortable negotiating an agreement as well as taking a child support plan before a judge. Our approach involves, among other things, being:
- Diligent — We work hard to consider every eventuality, circumstance and the complete situation.
- Accurate — We use actual numbers, not estimates.
- Questioning — We verify all financial information on both sides of the equation. Our attorneys do much more than simply look at a tax return.
Feel Secure Placing Your Concerns in Our Hands
At The McKeon Law Firm, we replace fear with knowledge, confidence and the assurance that your divorce is being handled by attorneys with experience. Call our law firm at either 301-417-9222 or 202-742-1800, or send us an e-mail to schedule an appointment with a lawyer. We look forward to helping you with your child support issue.
Our offices are conveniently located in Gaithersburg and Bethesda.