A study reported in “The State of our Unions” by the University of Virginia states that when one spouse felt that the other spent money foolishly, the likelihood of a divorce was 45 percent for both men and women. If money is a problem before divorce, or sometimes the cause of it, there should be little surprise that money for spousal maintenance is often a problem after the divorce.
At The McKeon Law Firm, we offer a detailed approach focused on tailoring our strategy around our client’s current and long-term needs. Our firm’s Gaithersburg alimony attorneys apply their years of experience and legal skills when representing either the alimony payor or the payee in divorces ranging from basic to highly complex. Put our seasoned law firm to work for you. Contact our law firm today to schedule a consultation with a highly skilled family law attorney at our Gaithersburg or Bethesda office.
Experienced Alimony Attorneys Serving Montgomery, Frederick, Prince George’s, and Howard Counties
Because our law firm is focused exclusively on family law matters, we have experience with all types of spousal support and alimony agreements. In other instances, the spouses are able to work towards an agreeable settlement with our help.
We understand that emotions are high when money, future income and financial security are at stake. We make certain that accuracy is a priority at all times during our financial projections and analysis. Among other areas, we have experience in the following:
- Developing a spousal support plan in instances where the payor’s income is irregular (for self-employed individuals, those with significant bonuses or those with irregular income streams)
- Paying attention to real life numbers in terms of the payor’s other financial obligations and the payee’s financial needs
- Determining realistic income projections for both the payee and the payor
- Obtaining supporting documents for all financial data on behalf of the payee and the payor
- Detailed examination of alimony tax consequences for both the payee and the payor and where necessary using an accountant to help in these projections
- Using expertise to ensure your financial rights are protected
Our Bethesda, Maryland Spousal Support Lawyers
At The McKeon Law Firm, we replace fear with knowledge, confidence and the assurance that your divorce is being handled in the best way possible. Contact our law firm online or call 301-417-9222 or 202-742-1800 to schedule a consultation with a highly skilled Gaithersburg alimony attorney. We look forward to helping you determine a workable and fair spousal support / alimony agreement.